IN THE NEWS
THE MARK USA INC Certified By the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
[IRVINE, CALIFORNIA]—July 9, 2020— The Mark USA, a business specializing in research and evaluation, is proud to announce national certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council (West), a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
“It’s an honor to obtain both the Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Women-Owned Business certifications through Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). The process of obtaining these certifications is intensely scrutinized and takes months to obtain because they are highly valued certifications that open up many opportunities for those that obtain it and also for our clients, too. We’re able to provide large companies with not only tax benefits but also cost savings. Research has concluded that procurement organizations who work with a diverse supplier base can increase profitability by 130% and also lower operating costs and spend 20% less on their buying operations. Additionally these same companies can demonstrate today that they fully support diversity and working with innovative, agile small businesses because their actions and relationships exemplify such changes.” says Traci Shirachi, CEO of The Mark.
WBENC’s national standard of certification implemented by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council (West) is a meticulous process including an in-depth review of the business and site inspection. The certification process is designed to confirm the business is at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a woman or women.
By including women-owned businesses among their suppliers, corporations and government agencies demonstrate their commitment to fostering diversity and the continued development of their supplier diversity programs.
To learn more about The Mark USA Inc, please visit www.themarkusa.com
About The Mark USA:
The Mark USA Inc. is an evaluation and research company in Orange County, California. The Mark currently works on projects funded by federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA. We also conduct evaluation for nonprofit organizations and for-profit businesses.
Founded in 1997, WBENC is the nation’s leader in women’s business development and the leading third-party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women, with more than 13,000 certified Women’s Business Enterprises, 14 national Regional Partner Organizations, and over 300 Corporate Members. More than 1,000 corporations representing America’s most prestigious brands as well as many states, cities, and other entities accept WBENC Certification. For more information, visit www.wbenc.org.
The Mark USA, Inc. is a New Company
Irvine, California (October 22, 2019) -- The Mark USA, Inc., ("The Mark") is an evaluation and research company that measures outcomes for corporations, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions. The Company is proud to announce its new company name as it is no longer known as SmartStart Evaluation and Research Inc. With the new name is a whole new company vision and website (http://www.themarkusa.com) as the organization heads into 2020.
The Mark consultants conduct interactive workshops on a variety of topics.
TAKING YOUR PROPOSAL FROM GOOD TO GREAT
– The importance of logic model thinking
– Your project is the bridge from problems to solutions
– Describing the setting with visuals
– Project goals: Moving from outputs to outcomes.
– Describing project activities and participants with visuals
– Broader impacts
– Project sustainability
– Whats hot with funders
– Proposal checklist
– Developing quantifiable program goals and guiding evaluation questions.
– Developing a formative and summative evaluation plan tied to the goals, and guiding evaluation questions, and project activities.
– Developing a logic model as a snapshot of your project.
– Developing an evaluation timeline.
– Developing benchmark/milestone charts to track progress.
– Developing evaluation forms and survey instruments.
– Posting forms online. – Basics of Excel and SPSS.
– Presenting results including the basics of- PowerPoint.
– Reporting results – report format, graphs, and tables.
– Integrating evaluation into the project.
– Aligned with ABET expectations and terminology (if applicable)
– Step-by-step process to develop learning outcomes for each course
– Outcome levels based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
– Write student-focused, action-oriented, measurable learning outcomes
– Vertically align course learning outcomes with pre- and post-requisite courses
INFORMAL ASSESSMENT STRATEGIES
– Developing questions based on Bloom’s Taxonomy levels
– Aligned with state content standards
– Informal assessment activities
– Graphic organizers
– Performance assessment products