The Mark USA is an evaluation and research company in Orange County, California. We work with professors at US and international universities to assess implementation and impact of federally and privately funded programs. The Mark currently works on projects funded by federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA. We would like to sustain this funding stream and expand to additional federal, state, private, and non-profit funding.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Full-time position. Manage all aspects of a portfolio of evaluation and/or research projects and complete deliverables within designated timeframes and budgets.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Lead the methodological and theoretical design of evaluation and research projects.
- Lead and manage a team to conduct evaluation and/or research on multiple nationwide and/or international projects
- Manage multiple budgets and conduct a portfolio of diverse evaluations and research within budgets and timelines.
- Keep track of invoice and deliverable dates and prepare invoices/deliverables on time.
- Oversee reporting of evaluation and research results, assume ultimate responsibility for all team deliverables.
- Develop experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs.
- Create innovative data visualizations of evaluation and research results.
- Report results in user-friendly, accessible formats that meet clients’ needs including newsletters, fact sheets, and PowerPoints.
- Develop evaluation instruments including surveys, evaluation forms, and interview protocols.
- Present at project meetings, advisory board meetings, and conferences.
- Work collaboratively with PIs to develop their project plan including creating logic models, benchmark/milestone tables, and output and outcome metrics and targets and oversee the management thereafter.
- Conduct surveys, focus groups and/or interviews by telephone and/or in person.
- Conduct observations of classrooms and complete assessment rubrics.
- Download and analyze quantitative data by applying appropriate quantitative analysis techniques.
- Analyze data using qualitative analysis by applying appropriate qualitative analysis techniques.
- Conduct literature reviews, prepare a research plan.
- Collaboratively write white papers and peer-reviewed journal articles with clients.
- Submit to and present at conferences
- Work collaboratively across teams to develop and submit proposals for evaluation and research solicitations.
- Participate in job interviews to select evaluation and administration employees.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and support junior employees in growth and development.
- Offer employment to research assistants and consultants and determine placement on the salary. Schedule.
- Travel to meetings and conferences inside and outside of the USA as required.
- Other evaluation and research-related responsibilities as customarily performed by an employee in a similar position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or higher, preferably in social sciences/education or related fields.
- 5 years professional full-time experience in program evaluation, quantitative and qualitative research design and analysis.
- 3 years’ experience as a project manager in a research, consulting, or social service environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project planning, project direction, fiscal management, client relationships, staff supervision, report preparation, oral presentations, and proposal development.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficiency in SPSS/Stata/R and Excel and statistical analysis methods is required.
- Familiarity with experimental and quasi-experimental research and evaluation methods.
- Experience with qualitative analysis software such as NVivo and Dedoose and methods.
- Experience conducting evaluation and research writing in academic and applied contexts.
- Experience conducting experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs.
- Experience in project management including monitoring multiple timelines, deadlines, and budgets.
- Experience conceptualizing program theory through the use of logic models, theories of change, or system maps.
- Experience using online survey management platforms (ie. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics).
- Experience developing evaluation forms, surveys, and focus group and interview protocols.
- Strong Microsoft Word skills, excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Able to manage multiple large-scale, multi-faceted projects and meet deadlines.
- A solid work ethic, dependable, focused.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, detailed orientated.
- Able to seek out resources to locate and analyze data from secondary data sources.
- Fast learner with a quick mind.
- Able to provide leadership, mentoring, direction, supervision, and training to evaluation associates and assistants.
- Able to lead a team, delegate responsibilities, and hold others accountable.
- Able to work independently to plan project tasks in advance and identify steps leading to project completion.
- An upbeat person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can maintain a positive work environment and positive, professional interactions with clients.
- Able to flex work schedule based on travel and online conferencing responsibilities.
- Able to think outside the box and identify the most efficient methods.
- Able to take direction, learn from mistakes, and make changes.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license to drive in the USA and own a vehicle or obtain own transportation to work.
- If employee does not own a vehicle, must be willing to pay rental car/uber/taxi in excess of allowable mileage to and from client meetings and conferences.
- The starting salary range for this position has been established at $58,464 to $64,728 and is negotiable commensurate with degree, skills and number of years’ experience working in a mid or senior level position as an evaluator or social science researcher.
- Opportunities to earn bonuses beyond the base salary are also available. Senior level employees are strongly encouraged to submit evaluation and research-related proposals in their areas of interest and specialization to earn bonuses and develop their own work teams and portfolios.
The Mark offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time exempt employees including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
- Vacation days
- Sick time
- 401K retirement plan
The Mark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment. All successful applicants will be required to show proof of legal right to accept employment in the US.
If interested, email cover letter, CV, references, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Senior Evaluator I/Researcher Position
Attention: Office Manager
All work is conducted at The Mark office or at travel locations. No remote applicants please.