The Mark USA is an evaluation and research company in Orange County, California. We work with professors at US and international universities to assess implementation and impact of federally and privately funded programs. The Mark currently works on projects funded by federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and NASA. We would like to sustain this funding stream and expand to additional federal, state, private, and non-profit funding.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Perform data entry, data collection, data cleaning, data analysis and basic report writing.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Assist in managing evaluation and/or research on multiple nationwide and/or international projects.
- Assist in developing experimental and quasi-experimental evaluation designs.
- Assist in monitoring project progress using benchmark/milestone tables, and output/ outcome metrics and targets.
- Report results in user-friendly, accessible formats that meet clients’ needs including newsletters, fact sheets, and PowerPoints.
- Contribute to developing evaluation instruments including surveys, evaluation forms, and interview protocols.
- Assist in presenting at project meetings and conferences.
- Collectively create logic models, benchmark/milestone tables, and output and outcome tables.
- Conduct surveys, focus groups and/or interviews by telephone and/or in person.
- Conduct observations of classrooms and complete assessment rubrics.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Participate in collaboratively writing white papers and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Participate in submitting papers to and presenting at conferences.
- Download, clean, and analyze quantitative data by applying appropriate quantitative analysis techniques.
- Work collaboratively across teams to assist in developing and submitting proposals for evaluation and research solicitations.
- Other evaluation and research-related responsibilities as customarily performed by an employee in a similar position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree Preference given to applicants who are currently working towards a master’s degree in an evaluation-related field.
- At least 1 year of data preparation and analysis experience in an evaluation-related field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with SPSS/Stata/R and statistical analysis methods is required.
- Experience using online survey management platforms (eg. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics).
- Experience developing evaluation forms, surveys, and focus group and interview protocols.
- Strong Microsoft Word skills, excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with experimental and quasi-experimental research and evaluation method.
- Familiarity with qualitative analysis software such as NVivo and Dedoose and methods.
- Familiarity conducting evaluation and research writing in academic and applied contexts.
- A solid work ethic, dependable, focused.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, detail-oriented.
- Able to seek out resources to locate and analyze data from secondary data
- Fast learner with a quick mind.
- Able to work independently to complete project tasks.
- Upbeat person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can maintain a positive work environment and positive, professional interactions with project participants.
- Able to think outside the box and identify efficient
- Able to take direction, learn from mistakes, and make
- Must hold a valid driver’s license to drive in the USA.
- Must own a vehicle or be willing to pay rental car/uber in excess of allowable mileage to and from meetings.
The starting range for this position has been established at $136 to $176 per 8-hour day.
Health, dental, and vision benefits
401K retirement plan
Fully remote position
The Mark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
All successful applicants will be required to show proof of legal right to accept employment in the US.
If interested, send cover letter, resume, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Research Analyst Position
Attention: Office Manager
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.